Did you know that even dessert can be a whole-food, nutritious part of your meal? This amazing treat not only gets raving reviews for its beautiful rainbow of color, but also for the flavor-burst you find in every bite! Made with a nut-butter crust and fresh fruits (even the ice cream!), you can let your creativity soar when adding the final layer of yumminess!!
If you have a Greenstar or Champion juicer, the nut-butter crust can be made with that amazing machine. If not, just use a good food processor. This can be made ahead and will keep in the freezer for at least a couple of weeks! Yes you CAN enjoy dessert ‘guilt-free’!!
|Banana-Blueberry Ice Cream Pie|| |
- 1 cup soaked raw almonds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup PITTED dates
- ½ cup raw pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 7 frozen bananas (peeled, cut in thirds or halves and placed in freezer bags)
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- When serving, top with your choice of fresh fruit. In this photo, I used:
- 1 fresh kiwi, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh mango, diced
- Drain water off of almonds.Pulse almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, pecans, dates and raisins together in food processor. (If you have a Greenstar or Champion juicer, you can grind these ingredients using the proper attachments for your machine).
- Mix in the vanilla and honey; knead to form dough, then press into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie dish to form a crust. Let crust sit uncovered for 3-4 hours or place in a food dehydrator for about ¾ hour.
- Place frozen bananas and frozen blueberries together in food processor and pulse just until ice cream consistency.
- Put ice cream into the crust and freeze.
- When ready to serve, thaw for 20-30 minutes and top with fresh fruit and slice.