I am always looking for a healthy, clean and nutrient dense breakfast food that I can grab on the go. If you are like me, it is always rushed in the mornings. Even though I try really hard to give myself extra time, I invariably run behind. These muffins are my new favorite go to breakfast.
Recently, I found a Paleo friendly recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes in one of my many cookbooks. “Meals Made Simple” by Danielle Walker. Danielle is a blogger and author of several cookbooks. After a very serious illness she found healing through food. She writes the blog…. “Against All Grain.”
Danielle’s recipe had coconut cream frosting on top of the cupcakes, which obviously looked amazing. However, as I read over the ingredient list I realized that if I omitted the frosting they would make the perfect “on the go” breakfast muffin.
Made with fresh grated carrots, raisins and coconut flour these little muffins pack a nutritional punch. They are so yummy and and the recipe is quick and simple which makes it easy to whip up a batch on Sunday evening for the work week.
I hope you will try this recipe and check out more from Danielle Walker over at her little corner of the worldwide web….. www.againstallgrain.com
|Carrot Cake Muffins….. Gluten Free and Amazing|| |
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cups grated carrots
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl .
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, spices, and salt and beat again to combine. Fold in the carrots and raisins and stir well.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.