This one dish meal will send you into flavor heaven. With all the colors of Italy, this meal is as visually appealing as it is delicious. It is fresh, healthy and nutritious as well.
The tomatoes in the dish gain a delicious sweetness when roasted in the oven and the fresh basil and parsley give an amazing element to this meal. It is super quick and simple to prepare, you can have this dish on the table within 30 minutes. I used gluten free pasta however, you may use the spaghetti pasta of your choice. If you prefer, you can omit the shrimp and add a bit more Parmesan cheese.
|Roasted Tomato and Shrimp Spaghetti Pasta|| |
- 3 pt. of grape tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. of fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 box of spaghetti pasta (I used gluten free)
- 1 lb. of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 Tbsp. high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the grape tomatoes, crushed red pepper, 2 Tbsp. garlic, 1 tsp. of salt and 1-2 Tbsp. of olive oil together and place in a large baking dish.
- Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes until tomatoes soften and juices run. Stir around 1-2 times while baking. Remove from oven and set aside. This step can be done in advance and tomatoes will stand at room temperature until ready to use.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium to high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. garlic and cook approximately 1 minute until softened, stir constantly.
- Add shrimp and a 1-2 Tbsp. of the reserved pasta water. Cook until shrimp are cooked through... Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the pasta water and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley.
- Transfer spaghetti pasta to a large serving bowl, add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.
***Inspiration for this recipe was found in the September, 2016 issue of Southern Living Magazine. This recipe was changed slightly by decreasing certain ingredients and adding others.