- Popsicles make you happy and transport you back to childhood.
- You can actually get in a fruit serving while having a treat.
- Popsicles made with fruit are a source of many essential nutrients including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and folate.
- The kiddos will love them.
- The natural sweetness of fruit will satisfy a sugar craving.
- They will cool you off on a hot summer day.
- Less calories than ice cream and without dairy.
- Popsicles made with coconut milk, almond milk or coconut water add more nutrition to your body and are non-dairy alternatives.
- The potassium in fruit can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Popsicles are yummy and make you smile.
Try some of these delicious, refreshing recipes for healthy and clean popsicles. Simply add the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
Another idea is to make extra of your favorite morning smoothie and use the extra to pour into popsicle molds. It’s a great way to keep a nutritional summer treat on hand with very little effort.
1 cup of light coconut milk, 1 cup of pineapple chunks, 1 banana, 2 tsp. of maple syrup or honey, 2 Tbsp. of fresh coconut.
4 cups of seedless watermelon chunks, a splash of organic pomegranate juice and 4 mint leaves.
2-3 peaches peeled and seed removed, a small knob of fresh ginger, and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of filtered water.
1 to 1 1/2 cups of blueberries, 1 cup of almond milk and 2 tsp. of honey.