Do you struggle to find a delicious lunch time meal that is healthy, clean and nutritional?
If you are like me…..Lunchtime it tough. It is usually when I find myself having to eat out and sometimes it can be hard to find clean food choices. Invariably, I am in a big hurry in the mornings and don’t have time to make myself a meal to take to work with me. I try to plan ahead and usually at least two days a week I can do just that and I take my lunch. I’m off one day a week, but the other two days I end up eating lunch out.
I have found several restaurants that serve healthy food options and they are fairly quick and inexpensive. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Atlanta Bread Company has great salads with organic greens, gluten free soups and all natural chicken. I usually get the balsamic blue salad with no chicken and no dressing. I have balsamic vinegar and olive oil drizzled on top instead. I do get the blue cheese, but have it on the side and add a bit because, hey…. it’s blue cheese. YUM.
- Jimmy John’s has a veggie lettuce wrap that is SO yummy. No mayo and extra guacamole and I add a few onions and sprouts. I mean like, how many places do you know that will make you a lettuce wrap? Lately, I am seriously addicted.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill is a great lunch option too. I always get the “Personal Trainer” salad at Moe’s. A vegetarian salad with dark greens, pinto and black beans, pickled jalapeno, cilantro, black olives, pico de gallo, guacamole and I have it in a bowl instead of a shell. Awesome-ness.
- Subway….No… I don’t do the processed meat and cheese thing or the bread. I get a salad with mainly spinach, loaded down with all the veggies…tomato, cucumber, green peppers, onion, black olives, banana peppers and when they have it…. guacamole. Only oil and vinegar for the dressing and…no crackers.
- Chipotle’s Mexican Grill is an awesome restaurant that has many healthy, clean choices. Their philosophy is….”Food with Integrity” which means they serve sustainably raised foods. They use local and organic whenever possible. I love the burrito bowl with no meat or the salad with just beans and veggies. No cheese or sour cream. We do not have a Chipotle’s near where I live and work so I only get to eat there when we travel. I SO wish they would open a restaurant here in Augusta.
I tend to eat at these restaurants on the days when I am not prepared, but it’s so much nicer when I can have lunch already planned and bring it from home. Saves me some cash too.
Here are three of my favorite salad recipes. I make these quite often and they are usually good in the fridge for about 3 days and there will be 3-4 servings per recipe….maybe more depending on your serving size. I usually have these salads on a bed of greens like Arugula, baby spinach or spring greens. Just perfect….very light, nutritional and clean, but delicious and flavorful too. Also perfect for lunch on the weekend when you are busy around the house on Saturday or after church on Sunday.
My Three Favorite Salad Recipes:
Keep in mind that being prepared will help you stay on track with your healthy, clean eating. It’s always good to have a yummy and nutritional meal that you make yourself, but if you can’t pull that off everyday (I can’t) ….try to find a few restaurants that you feel good about.
Lunchtime can be hard because you are sometimes with co-workers that don’t always share your thoughts about food or…. you may be running errands as I often do. Fast food is not an option for me any longer. It has really helped me to plan ahead for the week and make and take a more nutritional lunch or…. at least have a few places in mind where I can get a quick, inexpensive, clean and healthy meal.
Have a great week my friends! 🙂