This is a fabulous little treat that is just perfect for the sweet tooth after your big Thanksgiving meal.
If you are like me, you don’t want anything too awfully sweet once you’ve finished a large plate full of turkey, stuffing, cranberry chutney and a bunch of veggie sides. These light, sweet and flavorful squares are SO yummy. They will satisfy that craving for dessert, but without all the sugar, flour or cream.
I found this lovely recipe on an Instagram account that I follow….. @consciouskrys1. Krystelle has a blog where she shares some amazing recipes. Check out Krys and her recipes here… www.consciouscooking.com
I’ve made two batches of these delicious pumpkin squares for my office friends. They all loved them and especially my boss, Dr. Lee. (Brownie/Pumpkin Square points for me!) 🙂
I think you will go crazy over these little bites of heavenly, melt in your mouth pumpkin squares. They are addictive, but it’s okay because there is nothing in them that varies from your clean diet. So enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂
“Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.” – Psalm 100:4
|Pumpkin Squares|| |
- ¾ cup of organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of organic almond butter
- ¼ cup of local honey
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- Coconut flakes to garnish if desired
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl add pumpkin puree, almond butter, honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt to the mixture and stir to incorporate into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Allow to cool and then cut into 2 inch squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.