In the summertime, what could be better than a cool and refreshing popsicle?
Popsicles bring back memories of childhood for me. As a child, my favorite flavor popsicle was banana. Every time my mom would go to Ballenger’s market in the summertime, she would allow me to get a banana popsicle. I can remember riding back home with her and licking on my popsicle, racing to eat it before it melted. Most of the time, more of it ended up on my shirt than in my stomach….due to the heat in upstate South Carolina in July. No air conditioner in car back then. 🙂
I still love popsicles even as an adult, but I don’t like all the artificial sugars, flavors and ingredients in most of the popsicles you purchase at the supermarket these days. Even the so-called “Fruit bars” are loaded with excess sugars and artificial ingredients. Some are labeled “sugar free” and you can guess what that means…….artificial sweeteners such as Splenda or Aspartame. Not so good if you are trying to eat a healthy, clean diet.
Here is a super simple, healthy and clean popsicle recipe you can whip up in about 5 minutes. Literally….. 5 minutes. Your children will love them and I can bet you will too.
Enjoy the summer my friends. Eat well, laugh often, and love much! Transport yourself back to childhood and treat yourself to some popsicles. Healthy, clean and refreshing….. Pina Colada popsicles! 🙂
|Refreshing and Healthy Pina Colada Popsicles|| |
- 1 cup of organic light coconut milk
- 1 cup of organic pineapple chunks
- 1 organic banana, sliced
- 2 tsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. of organic fresh coconut (Optional)
- Special equipment you will need: Popsicle molds.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Blend for approximately 1 to 1½ minutes until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place the stick into the mold
- Freeze until hardened, approximately 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer and run warm water over molds to loosen.
- Remove popsicles from molds and serve immediately.