Do you love stuffed mushrooms as much I do?
I have to say that I just love mushrooms in general. Portobello, Cremini, Shitake…..I love them all and in any dish.
We often have Tapas for dinner on Sunday evenings since we usually go out for lunch on Sunday. We have a fairly large meal for the middle of the day so by dinner time…. we are still not very hungry. I typically whip up one or two appetizers, we have a glass of red wine and it is just perfect to finish off the weekend.
Many moons ago before we started eating clean, I had a stuffed mushroom recipe that had sausage and boxed bread crumbs. They were delicious , but not very healthy and definitely not clean.
I really wanted to try to make a cleaner version of stuffed mushrooms. I had an idea to use a brand of pre-packaged sun-dried tomato pesto that I always keep on hand in the fridge. It turned out wonderfully and we devoured these little mushroom bites very quickly. Here is the pesto that I used for this recipe……
Cibo Naturals pesto is amazing and I use it for all sorts of things. I have tossed it with steamed veggies or quinoa pasta, but my favorite way to use this pesto is to spread it on gluten free bread and then add whatever veggies I have in the fridge to make a Panini. The best part is that Cibo Naturals pesto is all natural with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
I’m so happy, happy, happy…. that I have found a new way to make stuffed mushrooms with this yummy pesto. It was super quick and easy too. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and enjoy a healthier option for stuffed mushrooms.
|Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms|| |
- 1-2 lbs. of button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 container of Cibo Naturals Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- ¼ cup approximately of grass fed smoked mozzarella, grated (Don't substitute processed regular mozzarella. The smoked mozzarella makes all the difference.)
- ¼ cup approximately of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms clean and remove stems.
- Place a small amount of the pesto into the hollowed out area of the mushroom. Approximately 1 tsp. per mushroom.
- Add a dab of the smoked mozzarella to the top of each mushroom.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.