Number three in my Homemade Salad Dressing Blog Post Series……Honey Mustard Salad Dressing and Dipping Sauce!
Honey Mustard dressing is SO yummy, right? We love it at our house and our kids will always go for Honey Mustard too. You can use this recipe over a salad, a dip for veggies, on a Panini or….. as a sauce for baked or grilled chicken breast.
I found the original recipe for this on the website Clean Cuisine and More. Ivy Larson, who started this website has written several books on clean eating with her husband Andrew Larson, who is a physician. There are loads of information and delicious recipes on this site. Ivy actually uses this Honey Mustard as a sauce for a baked chicken recipe. Any way you want to use it, it really doesn’t matter…it is still absolutely amazing. I changed the recipe only slightly by adding one key ingredient that we really like…. a pinch or two of cayenne pepper. The cayenne just gives it an extra kick that is perfect.
You can whip up this Honey Mustard recipe really quick and it’s SO easy too. You’ll feel good about the fact that you are not loading down your healthy, clean food with a bottled dressing or sauce full of preservatives and refined sugars.
Give this recipe a try….. Trust me, you and your family will LOVE it!
|Honey Mustard Salad Dressing|| |
- 2 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. of honey
- 4 Tbsp. of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 2 pinches of ground cayenne pepper
- Real salt or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Place Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Add Cayenne and salt and pepper to taste and whisk again to incorporate.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. I use a small glass jar.
- Dressing will keep for about a week in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature and shake jar well before using again.
Next Week: Another homemade salad dressing recipe……Creamy Avocado Dressing!