One of the very first things that I changed when we began this clean eating journey was to start making my own salad dressings instead of buying bottled store bought dressings. Store bought salad dressings are full of unhealthy fats, high fructose corn syrup and a bunch of other preservatives and artificial stuff that I can’t even pronounce.
Over the next few weeks, I am going to share with you 5 more clean and healthy salad dressing recipes that I now use in place of pre-made bottled dressings. Trust me friends….. when you start to make your own dressings you will never go back to store bought.
This particular recipe is my own and it’s my favorite way to dress a salad. It is easy, versatile and will blend well with a variety of different salad ingredients.
It takes me like…. 3 minutes to make this dressing. I have found that the quickest and most simple way to mix this dressing is with a Mason or Ball canning jar. I put everything in the jar, close the lid and give it a good shake. After that, I can store the jar in the fridge.
I take my lunch to work some days, but other days I’m in a big hurry in the mornings and I do not have time to make my lunch. When this happens I always mix up a small amount of this dressing to take with me in a little container. When I eat out lunch with the girls I can get a nice salad and not ruin it with dressings that the restaurant provides. Yes…. I’m that freak that brings her own salad dressing to a restaurant. This is just one of my little tricks for sticking to my clean diet. 🙂
Hope you enjoy this dressing! Remember…… Eat more salad and less meat!
|Red Wine Vinaigrette..... My Favorite Simple and Healthy Salad Dressing|| |
- ½ cup of organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp. of agave nectar
- A pinch of salt (I use Real Salt)
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a pint size Mason or Ball canning jar, close lid tightly and shake until well mixed. Store jar in the refrigerator. Dressing will keep for a week.
- NOTE: When dressing is stored in the refrigerator the dressing will separate and the olive oil may harden. When this happens, simply allow dressing to come to room temperature and shake well before using again.
Next week: Another salad dressing recipe……. Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette